The human brain

Monday, March 3, 2008

Revision tips and blog/site tips

Wazzup!

(ahem)...getting to more serious matters....

I know that a majority of the class just can't be bothered to view the site but I can guarantee you it will help!!!!!

Reading the site updates is pretty important, then you can have an idea of what is going on in class and what is going on in the site.

At the moment I am contemplating making a separate page/site that is devoted entirely to multiple choice questions...but I'll only do this when there's an outcome or the big exams are nearby...Because that's just a lot of effort...but it would be good revision for all of us, including me!

Here's a study tip! GET A TICKING TIMER!!!!

This isn't an order....I just happen to have one at home because I asked for one when I was like 6 years old because I liked the fact that it looked like a piece of corn....ANYWAY, I'm using while I'm revising, I've noticed that it pumps up adrenaline. Sort of feels like you have to do something before a bomb goes off. It may be distracting for some, if so then don't continue. But I find it helps me to stay focused and work really hard because I want to get a set amount of work done before the timer goes DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

I admit it's kind of scary when it goes off... :)

I have also added a FREE TALK section that you guys can put pretty much whatever you want in there. You can even the abuse the webmaster! (which is me, but go ahead if you want). The FREE TALK section is located under "blog archive" which is at the top left corner of the site, under FEBRUARY, at the bottom of the list...

Hmm...maybe these time codes aren't so great, you guys can see what time I'm up at typing this update....lol... :P

No comments:

Labelled brain

Labelled brain
A diagram of the brain (labelled)

Which of the following is a direct effect of the release of hormones during prolonged arousal? (Checkpoints 2008)

G.S.R. stands for:

The following statement, "An adaptive response that enhances an animal's chances of survival." describes: (Checkpoints 2008)

The Polygraph detects people's lies:

G.A.S. stands for:

What is another name for Adrenaline?

Homunculus

Homunculus
homunculus - The representation of how the somatosensory cortex perceives the body.

The _________Nervous System is responsible for preparing the body for the "Fight or flight" response.

What type of cells are numerically dominant within the Central Nervous System?

If a neurosurgeon applied a brief electrical current to the cortex, movement and muscular twitches may be triggered in various parts of the body. The area stimulated is the

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Sorry I couldn't resist...
This is my cat; Kazuya