The human brain

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm so sorry!!!! - 6/3/08

Hi guys...

I'm really, really sorry...I should have updated last night but I fell asleep until 7 am!!!!!

And then this afternoon...I had so much to do!!!

I should have put the link to the MRI game sooner but hopefully you'll have visited your school email as well which was emailed straight after class. Hopefully you guys followed Ms Chasen's advice to play the Mr Split Brainy game....

I don't think there was much other revision that I could have put up except for scanning pages from study guides....but a lot of people said that I shouldn't.....really sorry if you did....ARGH! I'm just so busy...really sorry I couldn't have given you guys more revision...

Luckily this is the easiest of the outcomes huh?
REMEMBER
Be brief and to the point.
Look at the potential marks awarded as an indication on how many points you should put down.
Put down the answers that you are most sure are correct.



I think that's all the advice that Ms Chasen gave....

AND...

DON'T OVER DO IT!


I have put the MRI game that we played in class on the WEBSITE LINKS VIEWED IN CLASS

Also, I've been looking around the nobelprize.org website and found the other games that they have...if you're interested just go to OTHER INTERESTING WEB LINKS which is also on the left side of the blog. They have games for pretty much every subject...

Psychology is under the "Medicine" section but we've already gone through those games.
However there are Biology, chemistry, literature, etc. subjects also available.

As for what we did in class yesterday and today...we just copied some more notes about the Autonomic Nervous System...and asked a few questions about the outcome. We also received a handout for the Autonomic Nervous System that we filled in, in class today.

Once again guys, I am REALLY, REALLY SORRY that I didn't post earlier....

and

GOOD LUCK!

See you tomorrow.

Steph out.

No comments:

Labelled brain

Labelled brain
A diagram of the brain (labelled)

Which of the following is a direct effect of the release of hormones during prolonged arousal? (Checkpoints 2008)

G.S.R. stands for:

The following statement, "An adaptive response that enhances an animal's chances of survival." describes: (Checkpoints 2008)

The Polygraph detects people's lies:

G.A.S. stands for:

What is another name for Adrenaline?

Homunculus

Homunculus
homunculus - The representation of how the somatosensory cortex perceives the body.

The _________Nervous System is responsible for preparing the body for the "Fight or flight" response.

What type of cells are numerically dominant within the Central Nervous System?

If a neurosurgeon applied a brief electrical current to the cortex, movement and muscular twitches may be triggered in various parts of the body. The area stimulated is the

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Sorry I couldn't resist...
This is my cat; Kazuya